Thursday, January 10, 2013

Winter - Bah, Humbug!

Winter is NOT my favorite time of the year.  I know there are those of you who love the snow, the cold, weather for skiing, sledding, ice skating.  You can have it.

First, and foremost, I never feel warm.  I'm in a house that's heated well, I have a bountiful supply of afghans, and a space heater - but I'm still cold.  Maybe that's due to my age...but then I must have started aging right after the teen years, because it's been my M.O. since graduating college!

Second, I'm a klutz.  Which means that skating, sledding, snowmobiling and those wonderful winter activities have left me bruised and beaten when I was young enough, and dumb enough to keep trying to enjoy them.  Never more!

Third, winter means snowy, wet, icy, and dark roads.  Not a fan.  Sorry.  Which brings me to where I am right now.  Cuddled in my afghan, in my warm office, my feet clad in soft, fluffy socks, dog snuggled nearby...working.  And you ask me why I love being a Virtual Assistant?  The only thing to make it absolute perfection would be if my office was located a stone's throw from a warm, sunny beach.  For now, the picture on my Desktop will have to do.

Since I always mark the end of this frigid season as on or around March 31st....I'm down to 80 days and counting.  Have a great day! Now, where's the coffee?  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment